Jeanne Poirier put together a brief history of some of the environmental groups in the Wenatchee area. We hope you enjoy it.
Feb. 14 – JOIN THE WENATCHEE INTERFAITH CLIMATE GROUP!
Jan. 14 – Wenatchee Interfaith Climate Group meeting @ 1:00 – We look at the Climate Crisis through a Spiritual point of view and take actions in faith. If you are interested in joining us, email email@example.com
HERE IS ANOTHER GREAT ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP TO VOLUNTEER FOR:
Check out their mission and projects on their website: https://www.wasteloop.org/
Several of Waste Loop’s current projects aim to build up and support a thriving circular economy in NCW through reuse, repair, and share. Brick and mortar reuse hub, Eastside Rebuild, (opening Spring 2024 in Cashmere) provides economically and environmentally sustainable building materials along with the tools and knowledge needed to empower all communities of the Wenatchee Valley to rebuild and repair the world around them. Monthly repair cafes provide a gathering space for community members to bring malfunctioning or broken items to be fixed by skilled repair volunteers.
All of Waste Loop’s programming relies on volunteer support. If you are interested in learning more, check out Waste Loop’s website, www.wasteloop.org, submit a volunteer interest form: https://forms.gle/dxTDPZVqhgcwcmEHA, or reach out to Waste Loop’s Education and Outreach Manager, Amanda, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific upcoming volunteer opportunities include:
- Eastside Rebuild volunteer work party: Tuesday February 13th, 11am-3pm
- Leavenworth Repair Cafe: Thursday February 29th, 6-8pm
- Wenatchee Repair Cafe: Wednesday March 13th, 6-8pm
- SUSTAINABLE NCW IS HOSTING “GREEN DRINKS” ON FEB.15:
- What IS Green Drinks? It is a fun opportunity to socialize with others who are just as passionate about environmental sustainability as you are. Hosted by Sustainable NCW 5:00 – 7:00 PM @ Norwood Wine Bar in Wenatchee, featuring Winton Mfg Compost Works
- This engaging event will be conducted via Zoom. I urge you to register early, as space is limited. And be sure not to miss the opportunity to submit your questions in advance regarding bills and debates unfolding in Olympia when you register.
ARE YOU AWARE THAT THERE WAS A PROPOSAL TO ADD A “GREEN AMENDMENT” TO THE WASHINGTON STATE CONSTITUTION?
Find out more:350 Green amentment
GREENWASHING IS A HUGE PROBLEM – ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO METHANE GAS!
YALE CLIMATE CONNECTIONS READINGS:
Farmers can soon get on board with Electric Vehicles:https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2024/02/john-deere-aims-to-offer-variety-of-electric-tractors-construction-equipment-by-2026/?utm_source=News+from+Yale+Climate+Connections+%28Daily%29&utm_campaign=8ed73adea7-RSS_DAILY_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31a3024b9b-8ed73adea7-18632605
What do you think about a 4 day work week? https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2024/02/a-four-day-workweek-could-be-better-for-health-and-the-climate-companies-find/?utm_source=News+from+Yale+Climate+Connections+%28Daily%29&utm_campaign=fe62edb9cd-RSS_DAILY_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31a3024b9b-fe62edb9cd-18632605
Does our area have a plan? https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2024/02/when-communities-evacuate-residents-lacking-cars-can-be-left-behind/?utm_source=News+from+Yale+Climate+Connections+%28Daily%29&utm_campaign=773ced918d-RSS_DAILY_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31a3024b9b-773ced918d-18632605
Sue Kane – Editor