Thank you all for a heartfelt and thoughtful conversation last Monday.
This email is full of follow up resources and content to support us all as climate organizers in this moment! First, check out some familiar PNW faces in this BBFF Week of Action highlight video and in this 350 Tacoma Flags for Future action at the LNG facility.
Here are the SLIDES from last Monday
Our next gathering:
350 PNW Conversations
Monday, May 17th, 6pm -7:30pm PST
Register HERE (and invite your climate organizing community!)
Even though I’ll no longer be working as the PNW Regional Organizer as of May 1st, these regional conversation calls are still open to all active organizers from 350.org-affiliated local groups in Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, and Montana and are a place to join in conversation around our local and regional efforts to grow the movement for climate justice.
Do you know about Stop the Money Pipelines May 7th Global day of action to end Line 3?
- This is going to be a powerful global effort and you and your group can help make this an unforgettable mobilization moment
- Planning on organizing an action? Fill out this form to let us know. Even if you don’t know all the details of your action, please complete the form so that we know that you are planning an action. Once you complete the form, you’ll be invited to join an Action Organizers’ Call on Monday, April 26th at 5 PST / 8EST.
Are you on the 350.org Local Group Leaders email list?
- If you are serving in an organizing role at your 350 local group but you’re not getting our regular email communications, please let me know! This is my last week with access to our lovely huge database and I’d loooooove to get your name added. This is the best way to begin connecting with 350.org‘s Organizing Department and to start building relationships with the awesome Field Team and staff
Racial Justice Connections in this Moment
- Sam Grant, Executive Director of MN350, makes the case for abolition in this important piece.
- 350.orgs Toolkit for BIPOC Frontline Engagement
Organizing Equitably & with Accessibility in Mind
- Towards Greater Accessibility: a Gatherings Just Recovery for All
- 350 Seattles Guide to Disability Justice, Access, and Undoing Ableism
- 350 Seattles Equity Filter for Campaigns and Projects
Global Just Recovery Gathering
- Watch recordings of the plenaries and many of the workshops from the Global Gathering here (more workshop recordings will be added over the next few weeks; keep checking back).