Donald Trump has repeatedly indicated that he may not respect the results of the upcoming election. It’s important to understand that such threats are generally made from a position of weakness, not strength — by those who understand they’re likely to lose. Nevertheless, we believe these threats should be taken seriously.
Across the country, coalitions are forming to protect the results of this election, experts on how popular mobilizations have stopped coups in other countries are sharing their insights, and local groups like 350 Seattle are teaming up with others to get ready to mobilize if necessary.
This Thursday and next Tuesday we’re hosting meetings that will cover the state of national strategies and how to best prepare and plug in locally.
Preparing to Defend the Election: How to Plug in Locally
- Thursday, October 15, 5:30–7:00pm Register for Thursday here.
- Tuesday, October 20, 6:00–7:30pm. Register for Tuesday here.
We’re also tracking the work of national organizations. Shut Down DC: Defend Democracy, a DC-based direct action coalition, is hosting the following trainings:
- Street Smarts and Direct Action — October 13 from 7-9pm
- Timeline to a Meltdown: 2020 Election Simulation — October 14 from 7-9pm
- Escalating Resistance in Times of Crisis: Mass Rebellion Training with Lisa Fithian – October 20 from 7-9pm
- Street Smarts and Direct Action — October 17th from 2-4pm
Choose Democracy, a national group that has come together to organize against a coup, is hosting trainings on How to Beat an Election-Related Power Grab at the following times:
- October 16, 7:30-9:30PM ET
- October 21, 7:30-9:30PM ET
- October 22, 7:30-9:30PM ET
- October 27, 7:30-9:30PM ET
Democracy dies without participation, and voting is not enough. Whatever happens this election, please join us in preparing to stand up for free and fair elections, and for the right of every voter to be counted.
To unsubscribe or change your email preferences click here
You can also keep up with 350 Seattle on Twitter or Facebook. Donations always appreciated and put to good use.
5031 University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “350 Washington Network” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/350-washington-network/7db89df7-051c-48ec-baa1-36687682d37a%40email.android.com.